TEDA’s Export Development and Promotion is based on three main functional areas namely; export development, export promotion and market intelligence. The export development functional area is responsible for facilitating a range of export development oriented services clustered into information, export readiness assessments and export development training and capacity building. The export promotion functional area is responsible for facilitating a range of services clustered into inward and outward missions, exhibitions and events and the delivery of technical assistance. The market intelligence functional area ensures the facilitation of market information services clustered into information related to targets markets and opportunities, targeted market and sector profiles and statistics and enquiries.
Objectives Of TEDA's Export Development and Promotion Programme
• To develop and grow the capabilities of Tshwane companies with the purpose of growing Tshwane’s exports base to compete globally;
• Increase export supply and sales of goods and services;
• Provide necessary information and facilitate financial support to empower exporters
to penetrate international markets
• Assist exporters to overcome barriers and constraints in accessing the global market and business opportunities;
• Undertake and facilitate inbound and outbound trade missions.