Who We Are
The Tshwane Economic Development Agency Ltd (TEDA) is a municipal entity of the
City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality (CoT). TEDA is a State-Owned Company,
registered in terms of the Companies Act and was established with the primary
objective to accelerate the City’s economic development. We do this by:
We do this by:
• Promoting and facilitation investments into the City of Tshwane;
• Retaining current investors in Tshwane and ensuring they have expansion support;
• Capacity development for emerging exporters to make them export ready;
• Promoting exports by Tshwane companies to international markets;
• Catalysing infrastructure-led growth and revitalising existing nodal economies; and
• Positioning the City for tourism growth through destination and tourism marketing
TEDA strives to be a catalyst for economic growth and development to position the City of Tshwane as a globally competitive Capital City.
"We will achieve our vision by ensuring that the economic development services we provide will be integrated in such a way as to be of maximum benefit to our clients and the residents of the City. Our services supported by effective project programme management will focus on trade and investment, marketing and destination management. In our dealings with our clients and residents we will strive to be performance driven, accountable, innovative, operationally excellent and apply appropriate best practice to all our activities."
TEDA delivers its operations underpinned by the following core values:
Responsibility and accountability - being answerable for decisions taken or not taken and having appropriate mechanisms in place to ensure the Agency complies to all applicable standards
Transparency and openness – being transparent and open about decisions and activities of the Agency (both positive and negative)
Integrity - acting impartially, ethically and in the interests of the Agency
Stewardship - using every opportunity to enhance the value of the public assets and institutions that have been entrusted to the Agency’s care
Efficiency - ensuring the best use of resources to further the aims of the organisation
Leadership - achieving an Agency-wide commitment to good governance through leadership.