Tshwane (Pyramid South) Freight Rail Terminal and Logistics Hub
TEDA is facilitating a planned development of an intermodal freight terminal with rail and road facilities. The terminal will have rail yard, container stacking yard, warehouses, light industrial site, offices, gate operations and high security perimeter fence with 24/7 CCTV. It will operate 24/7 and 365 days per year. The trains will be operated by Transnet Freight Rail and the Intermodal Freight location is in northern Tshwane linked to the current TFR’s Pyramid South Rail facilities including National Rail Network servicing SADC. Its proximity to junction of N1 and N4 and a direct road link to Wonderboom Airport makes it an ideal inland port.
• Inland Port with biggest capacity in SADC -> 500 000 TEUs
• Only Black owned facility in the Country
• Catalyst (social & economic enabler for National, Gauteng Provincial, Tshwane growth) • Lower the cost of doing business by introducing efficiency in transportation logistics
• Job creation – estimate 1000 during construction and 500 - 2000 post construction
• The project is planning stage with finalisation of the market and socio-economic study funded by GIFA to conclude the business case.